Free school meals
Your child may be eligible for Free School Meals if you are in receipt of any of the following:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on-paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit with an income of £7400 or less
Children who get any of the above benefits in their own right (i.e. they get benefits payments directly, instead of through a parent/carer) can also get Free School Meals.
The daily allowance for students eligible for Free School Meals is £2.40 and it is advised that students use this allowance at lunch.
Vouchers are supplied to cover the school holiday periods.
The menu offered by our caterer, Pabulum, has been updated and the following items are now available as part of the meal deal provision for £2.40:
From the cold fridge:
Pasta pot or sandwich (yellow sticker)
Yoghurt or Jelly (green sticker)
Water (blue sticker)
Main Meal (Canteen only):
Choose from one of the main meals on offer that day
2 x sides (salad and vegetables)
We also offer all students free toast and porridge every morning which can be accessed between 8.00am – 8.30am at the main servery.
If you believe your child is eligible for Free School Meals please click the button below:
The daily allowance for free school meals is £2.40.